Saturday 19 June 2010

CRAFTING ON A WHIM: New Zine Rack

So I wake up this morning to a little packet of plastic wrapped papers left on the couch by Rob as he left in a hurry for work. He's been working at a university and got this packet of flyers on campus. The cover was this cute red and white hibiscus pattern with black squares... I was desperate to find a way of using that paper!

I found myself a few hours later reading through a zine we picked up at the London Zine Symposium last month. We've had a stack of zines from this year and the last just sitting around with no real home... very sad really.

Cue brain wave. 

We've got an extra glass box from IKEA, the free thing you get to carry your glasses home from the store. We already have employed one in holding a lot of lose paperwork as the dividers can be folded down. I thought that this just might be transformable into a new zine holder.....

An hour later, paper scraps littering the flat, my fingers glued together, viola- new organisational solution (and you must know that I LOVE those)!

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your 2cents: